Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not so good news

Saturday, April 9th, 2011

We learned that since the fluid is beginning to build up in Emma's brain, the doctors say that she'll probably need a to have a shunt put in at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. We were REALLY not wanting her to have to have a shunt... But are grateful that we have that option to keep the fluid from building up pressure in her brain.

She's not just kicking her feet in this picture, she's holding one foot up in the air waiting for daddy to rub it... just the way she did when she was in my tummy!! This was their favorite game to play at bedtime while I was pregnant, she'd push out her foot and daddy would 'get it' then after a minute she'd pull it back and push it out again. It was SO cute to see them play the same game again!! It's amazing to think that she was in my belly just days ago.

That adorable foot which is now so much more fun and kissable! :)

All snug as a bug.

2 comments:

McKenzie Johnson said...

Oh poor Emma! I hope all goes well with the procedure.

JustnAsh said...

I'm sure that the procedure will go well. You couldn't be in better hands. P.S.- I love the bow!! Maybe I should get one for Max. :)