Having a baby in the NICU is like being on a wild bus ride with the baby as the driver. You never know where she is going to go next and you have no control. Today some of the good turns she made were:
- She got her IV out. Hooray for no more swollen limbs and many many pokes!
- Her head diameter has not increased.
- The hole in the upper part of her heart has closed on its own.
- She graduated to a crib which means she is able to maintain her body temperature and she has less doctors monitoring her progress (fewer tests.)
Some of the bad turns were:
- She has high phosphorus levels and they don't know why. We are still unsure what that means.
- The hole in the bottom portion of her heart is still the same size and continues to cause her to breathe too fast to feed by mouth. The doctors will decide in the morning what to do next.